About this work
From the site information board : When a local rancher, Bill Parry, was asked by the railway surveyors what lay ahead supposedly he replied, “More Land”. Established May 1, 1913 with service on the Canadian Northern Railway from Moose Jaw to Radville three times a week each way. Moreland, at its largest, consisted of two elevators, a blacksmith shop, a two-storey store with community hall and church services held upstairs. There never was a school but four schools: Red Rose, Wild Rose, Fordyce and Kenneth served the district.
Moreland Post Office also began May1, 1912 with closure of Highmore, 4 miles southwest. Moreland Post office was in various residences until its closure in April 1963.
In 1916, Golden West built this grain elevator which was later operated by Federal Grain until 1963. The Canadian National Railway removed the line in 1972.